Moo Shoo Shrimp
Looking for a change of pace tonight and also something easy and quick. This was a hit, thank god, and will be made again. Found the recipe crawling through the Food and Wine site, of course I changed it a bit.
This is for about 5 people:
- Soft flour tortillas ( based on how many you want )
- vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 lbs. large shelled shrimp
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 2 tbsp. minced ginger
- 6 ounces mixed wild mushrooms, sliced. ( I got ready made packs – make life easier )
- Head of napa cabbage – chopped
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced, white part only
- 1 1/2 tbps. hoisin sauce
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- (cilantro leaves on the side if you want – totally optional )
Wrap the tortillas in tin foil and heat in the oven at 200.
In a large deep non-stick pan cover the bottom lightly with oil. Let this get really hot. Toss in the shrimp and stir fry for a few minutes until the shrimp are cooked through. Put in a bowl. Toss in a little bit more oil, if needed, and pour in the beaten eggs. Mix around until loosely cooked. Put in the bowl with the shrimp. Add a little more oil and add the ginger and mushrooms. Stir until they get a little soft and lightly browned. About 3-4 minutes. Now add the napa cabbage to this and stir another few minutes. Add the hoisin, soy sauce and the shrimp and eggs that are in the bowl. Combine and serve with warm tortillas and hoisin on the side.
Delicious…and thankfully a change of pace.