Emily made these for dinner over the weekend and they were fantastic. I was responsible for the sides. A corn salad and a tomato arugula basil salad was my job. Everything just tasted like summer.
Here is the recipe for the shrimp burger:
- 1 recipe Lee Bros. Shrimp Boil (recipe below)
- 1 pound headless large shrimp (26-30 per pound), shells on
- 2 tablespoons chopped scallions
- 1/4 cup fresh corn kernels, cut from the cob (about 1/2 ear)
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro (she used instead of parsley)
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 cup bread crumbs (panko)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 1/2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon peppercorns
- 1 tablespoon celery seeds
- 6 bay leaves, shredded with scissors
- 1/2 cup kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons ground cayenne pepper
Fill a 3 quart pot with water and the ingredients above. Bring to a boil and add the shrimp. Let cook until pink. Not long. Drain and run under cold water. Peel the shrimp and chop coarsely.
In a large bowl mix together the shrimp, scallions, corn kernels, cilantro, ginger and lemon zest. Stir in the mayonaisse and bread crumbs. Add the egg and make sure everything is really mixed together.
Divide into four patties and wrap each individual patty in saran wrap. Chill for about 30 minutes in the fridge.
In a large frying pan, cover the bottom with canola oil. Saute about 3 minutes on each side. Drain on a paper towel and serve.
She served this with sliced avocado and tomatoes. Really delicious.