- 4 large tomatoes – squeeze out the juice and seeds before dicing
- 1 cucumber – peeled, cut in half, scoop out the seeds and dice
- 1 red pepper – diced
- 1 green pepper – diced
- 1 yellow pepper – diced
- 1 onion – diced (I prefer vidalia’s or anything sweet onion)
- 5 stalks of celery – slice lengthwise 4 times and then dice crosswise
- apple cider vinegar – 3/4-1 cup
- 2 large cans of basic tomato juice (not V8)
- salt and pepper
Cut up all the veggies and put in a large soup tureen. Add the tomato juice until covered over about 1-2 inches. I end up using about 1 and 1/2 – 1 and 1/4 cans of juice. Mix. All depends on how soupy vs. chunky you want the gazpacho. Now add the apple cider vinegar. I prefer mine with a vinegar bite, so I generally am heavy handed on the vinegar. I put in about 1 cup but sometimes after stirring it together toss in a little more. Use your taste buds. Tabasco is also according to taste. I like it a bit spicy so I give quite a few shakes in. Then add kosher salt and pepper to taste.
Let it set in the frig for a couple of hours. It is addicting.