An easy purchase

Katespade
We had dinner the other night on the lower east side because we were going to see a show at the Bowery Ballroom.  After dinner we walked over to the concert and passed the Kate Spade shop. 

Katespade1
This store is essentially an oversized iPad showing the merchandise available for delivery within an hour.  On the right hand side is another oversized iPad but not as big where the transaction takes place.  I stood there and watched a woman buy something and continue walking. 

Briliant on so many levels.  I have written before in how I am a big believer in the 80/20 ecommerce platform where 80% of the business will take place on line and the other 20% in brick and mortar type stores.  Type is the optimal word here.  It could be a pop-up that is only around for a month or a wall on the street that captures the consumer attention.  That purchase becomes social and fun.

Brilliant.